If our church qualifies for the small employer health care tax credit, what forms do we file to claim the credit?

The church must file Form 8941 and carry the credit to Form 990-T (the Exempt Organization Business Tax Return). Even though the church does not owe any business income tax, the credit may be claimed.

Dan Busby is a certified public accountant, president of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), and the author of the Zondervan Clergy Tax & Financial Guide.

Created on Thursday, 21 October 2010